Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Yuvraj Singh & The Slow Killer, Cancer

When the word cricket comes in the head of the Indian, only one face starts flashing in our hearts. And that’s Sachin. In the Indian hearts. I’m an Indian. My head is Indian. My heart is Indian. But when cricket comes into my memory, I can see the face and body of only one player. In fact, two players come. One is the famous mad opener Vireder Sehwag and the other middle order hero, Yuvraj Singh.

I’m not saying I don’t like Sachin. I love the way Sehwag and Yuvraj play.

Yuvi is in hospital in US. And everybody knows why he is there. To get the slow killer killed. By the top doctors. It’s really sad to see people crying of cancer. Most of the Indian die of it. Most of them don’t reach US. Is this a reason? No. Not at all!

Well, he is my favorite player. May the reason he is very happy going and joke cracking kind of person be the reason which make me to like him more than the cricket god. It’s quite hard to show my grief and sadness since the moment I’ve read about him in the news papers. I can’t do anything. Except pray. I can stand before some idols of the gods and shed some tears, joining my hands. Unfortunately, gods don’t cure cancer. The doctors can do it only. Plus I don’t have so much spare time to stand holding my hands and shed tears standing before gods. Plus I don’t believe in gods. Plus many Indians die of cancer everyday. Who cares!

Yesterday morning I tried to pray for him when I was walking towards the park then my eyes felt on a temple. The transparent glass door of the temple was opened. I moved closer. I saw there were nine idols which were sitting in a row. I got confused. Whom to pray so that Yuvi will get recovered fastest? I chose the most beautiful Idol. That was of goddess Mata rani. She was in red and golden check saari and golden ornaments hung around her neck and rest of her body. Her lips were shining with bloody red lipstick. Her golden crown was shining a lot and the diamond at the top of it sparkled. She simply looked beautiful. A lot of gold attracted my eyes. People offer prayer with closed eyes. I kept my eyes opened. I stared at the gold whose sky touching rate is increasing day by day and the goddess should have been wearing more and more ornaments.

Okay, let me come to the point. My head started pondering over the beggars who were lying sleeping outside the temple whose half body were out of the torn blanket. Goddess should have looked at the beggars and then to her golden jewelry. Can you notice my head is again running away from a single Yuvraj’s cancer to the beggars and poors and yes to the goddess’s golden stuff.

Then I simply closed my eyes and my eyes and head and heart god filled with the Yuraj’s face. I visualized him into the hospital bed in US. You know, I’ve never been to US. So not into the US hospital’s bed. But I could see my hero lying there and cracking some jokes on the beautiful nurses. I saw the doctors operating him in his chest and taking out the tumor, which was black and looked like scorpion. You know what, I’ve never seen cancer virus but I saw it there in the hospital. I saw some beautiful nurses at whom Yuvi was cracking some jokes some time before were busy in giving the stuff which the doctors demanded. Yuvi kept his eyes closed from beginning to the end. Doctors might have injected something into his body to make his eyes closed and body immovable. The operation was over. Yuvi was brought out. By the beautiful nurses.

‘Beta, kya soch rahe ho,’ some voice hit into my ears and head and my eyes got opened. It was a pundit’s voice.

‘Oh, I’m sorry. I was praying for someone,’ I said, collecting my nerves and head which were there in the hospital in US.

No comments:

Post a Comment