Monday, January 10, 2011

Books....GF....Kisses...and...Papers! cont...



I finished my coffee within few minutes marking all the previous years’ asked questions searching all the related topics in my communication system book. I started with the easiest Sampling theorem and it took two hours for me to mug up it nicely.

‘What the hell is this?’ I asked myself looking at the clock hanging on the wall. The time machine was moving faster that day, it was hard for me to control everything because there was around seven to nine chapters for me to study to pass this communication paper. I finished the next two chapters within an hour. The pressure was high, my brain was about got burst up and came out of the hard shell. The earth started revolving round the sun with greater speed today, it turned evening very soon.

‘Hey, what are you doing?’ the voice reached as I pick a call on my phone.
‘I’m studying, I’ve paper tomorrow,’ I answered.
‘Wow, what kind of study you are, din’t you get time to study whole semester?’ the voice reached.
‘I haven’t done this subject only, let me study,’ I said.
‘Hey, wait, I’m going to have some chicken momo, I thought about you too, but you are studying so I’m going alone, bye,’ he said.
Yes, he was my jiju and we both are foodies so we use to have momo every evening at G3s.
‘Wait, don’t disconnect please, let me think for a while,’ I said.
‘No no, you study, you have your paper tomorrow,’
I’m coming,’ I said.
‘But drop me at my place,’ I added.

I started with a new chapter thinking I would cover few topics till he comes.
‘What the hell is going on with me today?’ I said to myself checking out the A4 size typing sheet packet. It was empty and the lead of my pencil was over and the ball of the pen came out before I started new chapter.
Suddenly the sound of horn reached my ears and I jumped off my chair and wore a jacket and ran towards the stairs. Jiju was pressing horn, as if I’m a deaf and can’t listen to his horn in one time.

‘Oh fuck!’ I uttered taking seat next to jiju.
‘What happened?’ he asked.
‘Nothing, I just forgot locking the door,’ I said coming out of his car and started jumping three to four stairs in a single step. I’m just guessing it was around three to four stairs, I din’t count actually because I was turning blind that day, wasn’t able to see anything nicely except block diagrams and waveform spectrums that were roaming in front of my eyes. I locked the door and returned back to his car within few minutes. He was still wearing his tie as he was coming straight from office. I don’t know why Delhites are so dying to have momo especially during evening hours.

‘Where ? ’ he asked me.
‘I don’t know, we can have anywhere today,’ I said.
‘What happened to you, you decide it daily, you better know the taste of momos,’ he said as if I was the chef of the momo that are sold here in Rohini.
‘Let’s go to G3s van wallah, they make awesome momo,’ I said looking forward.
‘Bhaiya, one full plate chicken momo,’ I ordered and started looking toward the busy road. But I was unable to see the fast moving vehicles there on the road, it was only the diagrams and equations of the waves and block diagrams were roaming in front of my eyes. I turned back and asked the momo walah that how much time it would take for them to make it.
‘Sahib-ji, it would take ten minutes, you have to wait.
‘Fuck man, can’t you make it fast?’ I asked.
‘Fried or steamed?’ one of the staffs of momo van asked me.
‘What type of question you are asking? I use to have steamed, dare you fry them,’ I said looking at the face of the van walah giving him a terrifying look. He was looking different today. His Nepali face had turned into the sinusoidal shape that was the shape of most of the waveform in my book that I was studying that evening. They were taking more time today for steaming and my mind was turning more restless looking continuously toward the time in my phone. I don’t know why the time was passing faster that day.

‘God, are you mad?’ can’t you take care of your time machine, you moving the needle of the time machine faster today, go and check it now,’ I suggested god looking towards the sky. Suddenly I felt twitch near my left thigh and I checked my pocket. It was my phone that was vibrating and I saw a message.
‘Hey, how much have you done?’ this was the message from Tanya.
‘Nothing much, you?’ I replied.
I’m about to finish with the first term too, then will see whole book once more,’ she replied.
‘Very good, keep studying,’ I replied. I hated her for a second to finish everything so fast. May be I hated her first time in this whole year but I don’t know why was I so uncomfortable that day.
‘Wot u doin?’ she replied in second.
‘Havin momo,’ I replied looking towards momo van checking whether they had served our momo or not.
‘u mad, u hvin momo at dis hr, go n stdy,’ the message came.

‘Sahib-ji, ready,’ the voice reached my ears and rushed towards the van and collected momo and ran towards the car.  After finishing momo, jiju started buying something veg items for di from Puratan restorant and it was becoming harder for me to adjust a single second with anyone anywhere after having momo. The time machine was killing me. After getting something packed for di he started buying chicken for dinner.  It took one hour for me to do all momo work and reached my place after an hour. I cursed myself for going out to have momo as I wasted my complete one hour but it was momo that can drag any one from anywhere.
I started looking at book and time at the same time and started calculating time required for finishing whole syllabus. I finished few more topics after that and the dinner call came form di so I left for dinner holding communication book because I had to ask Tanya some doubts in Huffman’s coding and I din’t have balance in my phone to call so I thought of jiju’s phone that’s post paid so it din’t require any balance stuff.

I reached my di’s place within few minutes and started clicking Tanya’s number in jiju’s phone.
‘Hey, what are you doing?’ di asked.
I’m calling one of my friends,’ I said looking towards the phone’s screen.
‘Very good, it was around 4500 bucks’ phone bill last month and you are talking rubbish stuffs to your friend.
‘Shut up yaar, I’ve to ask doubts,’ I said to her opening my book.
‘Hey, hi, what are you doing?’ I asked as she picked my call.
‘I’m watching TV, you?’ she answered.
‘I’ve to ask a question from Huffman’s coding,’ I said.
‘It’s very simple, what do you wanna ask?’ she said.
‘Hey, dinner is ready, have it then talk,’ di said from behind………

1 comment: