Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hawan Puja

'Wake up bro, wake up, its 5:00am, panditji is about to come and look at you, you are still sleeping,' the voice reached my ears and my sweet dream got broken down.
Yes, it was my di's voice and she was waking my up since last couple of minutes by shouting and throwing water over my face. I'm habituated to wake up at 5:00am but I was sleeping on the heavy spongy bed that was forcing my eyes to be kept closed and body immovable. I'm not habituated to sleep on such a spongy bed because the mattress on my own bed is so light that I love to throw it on the floor of my room and sleep over it as my whole bed use to be covered with the news papers and my clothes.

Yes, I was sleeping at my sis's place because it was quite hard for me to sleep at my place last night as I was siting whole night in front of my laptop and standing in the balcony. So I'd decided to be at my di's place so that I could watch TV whole night if I can't sleep, but the tired body and itching eyes and of course the spongy bed forced me to sleep watching TV.

'Panditji won't come before 8:00am,' I uttered.
'I've talked to him, he is reaching within half an hour,' jiju said from behind, as I was standing near wash basing and throwing water into my half opened eyes.
'Half an hour, it's enough, I'm going for jogging after getting fresh,' I said entering the toilet.
'I said within half an hour,' jiju said politely.
'Can't he sleep more, asshole pandit, let he come, I'll teach him a lesson for sure,' I was uttering siting on the toilet seat.
'What will you wear after taking shower?' di asked me.
'The same that you are seeing over my body,' I said.
'Don't you know that people wear either new clothes or washed clothes for Hawan and puja,' she said.
'Go to your place, take shower, return within 20 minutes and don't forget to wear washed clothes,' she ordered.

'What the fuck is this,' I said to myself sitting on my bike after seeing the society gate closed.
'Look at this ass, can't he do his duties honestly,' I uttered at the nearby sleeping guard, who was sleeping on his chair near the left side of the gate bending his capped head on his long and heavy stick. Then I saw one uncle suddenly came out from the darkness and started opening the gate , as I was pressing the horn continuously so that guard with the headphone into both of his ears could hear the high pitch horn's sound but he was sleeping as if he he was sleeping on the spongy bed and dreaming about his girlfriend.
'Where are you going?' the voice reached reached my ears when I was changing gear after crossing the gate slowly.
'G- block,' I said.
'Okay, I thought you are going towards metro station, let me check out if I would get any any rikshaw,' the uncle said walking fast overtaking my slow moving bike.
'Uncleji, come, I'll drop you at the metro station, you won't get any rikshaw at this hour' I said to the uncle and he jumped on my bike.
'Its so cold, its freezing me,' I said to myself, as winter season is still to arrive but it's tough to ride bike at this hour early in the morning.
'Thank you beta,' Uncleji said getting down from my bike and I flew straight towards my place.

'What the hell is this, how will I take shower, I'm already late, I'm gone today,' I said to myself unlocking my door as I found my flat without light.
'Ohh fuckkk...,' the voice came out of my mouth, as my right toe got hit by one of the legs of the sofa, and it was dark enough to notice anything kept in my room.
'I'm already late, di will kill me if would reach late for Hawan,' I thought. I took shower in the light of my phone and a bit of light that was focusing into my bathroom from outside.

'Namaste Panditji,' I said to the Panditji cursing him for reaching so early.
'Thank god you reached, I was about to call you, I thought you were sleeping,' di started.
'You woke up, brave kid,' I said to Daksh rubbing his hair.
'Don't play with my hairstyle, mama,' he said showing his half opened eyes, as if he was angry after getting up so early.
'Oh..I'm sorry, I won't,' I said.
'Mama, look at Panditji's hair style, he has hair only at the middle of his bald head,' Daksh said smiling pointing his index finger towards Panditji's pony.
'Look at his clothes....................

No comments:

Post a Comment