Sunday, July 27, 2014

Behind the Broken tall walls of Tughlaqawad Fort

Right in the morning, at fifteen past seven, the guard had unlocked the huge iron gate of the Tughlaqawad fort. I walked in and found a map carved on steel board on my right hand side. I tried to study it but failed. I stood there for some time, thinking; shall I go to left or straight?

I chose to move straight as I could see the parts on the left side while returning. My eyes fell on the top of the tallest broken wall. I saw a small girl, sitting at the top.
'What the hell?' I said to myself.
I walked close to the wall and found the girl, doing something with her hands. At first, I couldn't notice but later on I guessed that she was collecting manjha of some kites. But it was strange, finding a small girl sitting on the top of a wall even when the main gate was locked from outside. She was wearing a government school uniform. I got scared first but dared to talk to her, standing before the wall.
'She is probably a spirit.' I guessed.

'From where?' I dared to ask her, completing the question with some signs that I made, using my hands.
He pointed to her back. I moved on.

Wherever I went I found the small girl trailing behind me or playing with the rock around me. I chitchatted with her. At the same time I was fearing that the girl may plot some attempt to rape story and would let me put behind the bars.

I found many good and bad things hidden behind the tall broken walls of Tughlaqawad fort.
The worst part was the kal kothris. Foolish people are filling them with wastage, wrapper of chocolates and chips, empty water bottles and many other thing. I asked the security to look after them and take of them as those are very rarely left with our heritage.

One of the good things was a small plinth, which is made by putting bricks one on the other from three sides and a piece of rock forms its roof. I saw some scented sticks, smoking.

I stood there for some time and watched people and the dog who kept changing its sitting postures.
A man came with a lota, probably full of water. He slipped out of his chappals and moved to the plinth and stood with his eyes closed, then, he showered the plinth foot with the water. He crouched down and touched his head to the base, rose up, turned back, moved to chappals and them slipped his feet into them and walked away.
Dog kept staring at him till he disappeared behind the broken tall walls.

This time a lady came to the plinth. She was in black burqa. She was beautiful as her eyes could say to me. She looked at me and unwrapped the part of burqa from her face. She looked like an angle. I wished I could marry her! I visualized her a bride, getting married with me. I looked good as a bridegroom.

She cupped her palms and touched one with the other, closed her eyes and did some pray. I watched her, standing on one of the roofs. She also crouched down and spread a sheet on the ground before the plinth and did her namaz.

I got confused.
Was it a temple?
Or a mosque?
Or both?



No comments:

Post a Comment