Friday, July 9, 2010

Dating in the Rain


'Hey Gyan, ask that bastard to wait near bus stand,' I said to Gyan.
'Where are you?' he asked me.
'I'm in rikshaw, and I'm reaching in five minutes,' I said and disconnected the call.
'Buddy, the ass is saying that he can't wait,' Gyan messaged me.
'What the hell is he doing, ask that pig to wait just for two minutes, I'm in auto,' I said.
Yes, I took auto near bus stand because the asshole driver was flying the college bus without waiting for the late comers.
'Bhaiya, that yellow bus, you have to catch that bus,' I said to the auto walah.
'But thats running faster than mine,' the auto driver said.
'Faster, huh, you look a stud bhaiya, and look at your auto, its new and shining, driver a bit faster,' I said.
'Hey, give your phone to that mother fuker,' I said to Gyan as the bus driver was driving faster despite knowing that my auto is after behind the bus.
'Don't worry, I'll request him to wait for few minutes near Vinay's stand,' he said.
'Shahib ji, I don't have change,' the auto driver said when I flashed a long red note to him. Then I checked out my wallet properly and found only 20 bucks and gave it to him, and started running towards the bus.

'Finally, I made it,' I said to myself after entering the bus, but the whole crowd were gazing towards me as if I had committed a big mistake by saying few more f words to the driver. The driver was so smart that he hardly listens to the late comers.
I don't know why I was so desperate to catch the bus today because I use to let it go daily and get an excuse for not going to college.
'Hey, I got it, first rikshaw and then auto and finally in my bus,' I messaged this to Tanya.
'Now you can't stop talking to me,' I flashed the second message to her while taking a back seat in the bus.
Yes, she had threated me that she would stop talking to me, if I miss my bus and don't go to training.

'Guys, who have not registered for nasscom, can go in the computer lab and register there, Divij, the leader announced.
'Thank god, we can't be bored, I said to myself.
I went to the net lab, but it was house full there and the students were treating as if they would be the toppers of that nasscom paper.
'Wow, nice weather,' I said to myself while looking out of window.
Yes, it was about to rain.
'Hey, lets go out to register for this nasscom, you go and bring bike keys from your friend,' I said to Mandal.
'Yes, you are right, we will register from my lappy by connecting your phone to use net on my lappy,' Mandal said and vanished to get the bike keys.

'What the hell is this, I've left my door unlocked,' Mandal said opening the door of his flat.
Yes, we reached his place and he found his door opened and when I asked for the reason then he said that he   drank a lot at night so his head was still roaming and left the door opened.
'Oh, battery of my lappy is gone and light is gone since morning,' he said while switching on his lappy.
'Hey, open the window, its going to start raining,' I said to him when I saw the stormy weather through the window panes.
'U wot duin abi?' this message came to my phone.
'Nuthin, m at ma frns plce,' I replied.
'Y, u not duin trnin,' the reply came.
'No, sir left us to rgistr for nasscom,' I replied.
'gr8, u need a bahana daily 2 skp  ur trnin,' the reply came.
'I'm nt tokin to u,' the reply continued.
Yes, I was talking to Tanya thorough message.
'm sory, pls dnt stop tokin 2 me, vil xplain u evrythin,' I replied.
'Cn v mt?' I flashed this message to her.
'Nope, I'm busy in gd, so I cnt cum,' she replied.

'Hey, show your phone, Mandal said to me and snatch my phone and started reading all the messages fo inbox loudly in front of me, then I tried to snatch my phone from his hand but he didn't.
'You both love each other the most, so sharing each moment,' He said smiling.
'Give me my phone, I'm leaving your place,' I said.
'How will you leave, its started raining outside,' he continued.
'Give me the bike keys, and drop me at the nearby bus stand,' I said coming out.
'Wow, look at the river, lets swim,' I said driving the bike into the water.
Yes. it rained heavily, so the water was every where as the sewage was full and was throwing the water out.
Mandal dropped me near the bus stand and vanished with his bike.
'Oh god, where will I stand, I said to myself because the steel roof was not there over the bus stand because the renovation work is going on every where in Delhi due to the coming Common wealth game. Then I saw a kid, who was standing there on the bus stand under an old fashioned big umbrella.
'Hey, can you share your umbrella with me,' I said to him replying Tanya's message in the heavy rain holding my bag over my phone.
'Why not, come in,' he said.
'So where are you going?' the kid asked.
'Pitampura,' I answered.
'You study in college?' he asked.
'Yes, I answerd.
' And what are you doing here, waiting for bus?' I asked.
'Nope, I'm waiting for my sister, who is coming from school, its raining no, she will get wet, so I came here,' he said.
'Why are you using your phone in this rain, the rainwater will go inside,' he said.
' I'm replying Tanya, if I don't reply then she will kill me,' I said.
'Tanya is your girl friend's name?' the kid asked.
'Smart kid,' I said rubbing his hair.
'Show her pics, I wanna see her,' he said smiling.
 'See my bus is coming, I'll show you next time, thank you,' I said and shook hand with that kid and started running towards the dtc bus. I don't know why these dtc buses' drivers stop bus away from the stand,' I said to myself running.
Yes, I wanted to show Tanya's pics to that smart kid but........................................

'Shahib ji, you all have to go by walking, because red light is not working and this traffic is still for the last few hours,' one conductor said from outside as I was siting in the bus and waiting for the traffic to be cleared for the last one and half hour.
'U whr?' the message came on my phone.
'I'm about to reach Pitampura,' I replied.
'Okay, the trainer is leaving us, so I'll reach there in 5 minutes,' the reply came and I jumped out that bus.
I started walking as I was running towards the red light and reached the nearby red light in ten minutes.
'I'm about to reach,' the message came.
'Bhaiya, Pitampura metro, I asked a rikshaw puller standing at the other end of the red light.
'How much?' I asked.
'Only 50 bucks,' he said.
'Its not fair, look there, the metro station is few kilometres away, and you are charging 50 bucks, I'll 30 bucks,' I said.
'I'm not going,' the rikshaw puller said. The phone vibrated again.
'I've reached, where are you?' the message came.
'2 mins more,' I replied putting my ass on that rikshaw, which was charging 50 bucks just for few kilometres.
'Pitampura metro?' One girl asked me, who was standing there.
'Yup, I said and the girl jumped in the rikshaw and sat with me.
'How much is he charging you?' she asked.
'50 bucks,' I said.
'These rikshaw pullers are luteraas,' we'll pay 20 bucks each,' she said.
'Nope, 25 each,' I said.
'I'm Nikita,' she said shaking hands.
'I'm going home, can't you reach on time, I'm going, bye,' the voice penetrated my ear drum and the call was disconnected.
I called and tried to convince Tanya but she was stuck to her decision to go home and disconnected the call.
'Who?' Nikita asked me moving her eyebrows.

'I'm going home,' Tanya said.
'Hey, you are looking dazzling beautiful,' I said to her.
'Thank you,' she said without making any eye contact as I was trying to look into her eyes....................

4 comments:

  1. lol has tanya read this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous, she is my regular reader....so...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its 2 gud yr .. :) .. i lykd it sho mch .. specialy tht smart kid .. :D ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Priyanka Thank you. The kid has grown up now.

    ReplyDelete