Monday, May 31, 2010

A Timid Kid

Its 7:00 pm, and I'm going to take shower, I said dii taking my phone from the table.
Yes, this the time when I get cold water from supply pipelines and the water in the tank becomes so hot that eggs can be boiled in that water because its quite hotter here in Delhi.

Mama, I am also coming with you, Daksh said running  towards me.
Why, I'm just coming in half an hour, I'm going just to take shower, I said.
Yes, I was at my dii's place and was ready to come to my place.
I'm coming, I'm coming......he repeated several times.
Okay, lets go, I said because its quite hard to handle a kid.

Hold me tightly, otherwise you'll fall down, I said Daksh, who was siting behind me on my bike.
Mama, look, I'm not a small kid now, he said streching his small arms.
What the hell, are you nuts, I told you to hold me tightly, and what the hell are you doing, you'll fall down, I shouted in a single breathe.
I've not fallen, he said chuckling.
Yes, its quite hard to handle a kid, because they do what they want to do and whenever you want to stop  them from doing anything wrong then they take more interests in those stuffs without fearing. Generally kids are not bashful because they are not aware of the outcomes of their deeds. And its good for you when you don't care the results of any of deeds because its 85% chances of your success when you don't bother the outcome stuffs as I've experienced for the last 15 years of my life from my 20 years because I was like Daksh in the first five years of my life.

First buy me some chocolates, then I'll go to your place, Daksh said running towards a shop, which is in front of my house.
Five doublemint chewing gums and five boomers, he asked the shopkeeper  to give.
Anything more, I asked Daksh.
Nopes, its over now, we'll buy more while returning home, he said.

Oh, mama, your flat is so hot, he said as I unlocked the door.
Don't you have AC, he flashed the second question.
Nopes, go and sit near the cooler, I said him switching on the fan, room cooler and light at a time.
Its I-Pod, so you listen songs while studying, he asked holding my I-Pod in his tiny hands.
What are you doing, you'll get electric shocks, I shouted as he was playing with the extension electric board which was on.
Mama, give me some water please, I'm thirsty, he said finishing his third doublemint chewin gum.
Don't you have RO, he asked me holding the water bottle in his hands.
Yes, he has the habit of drinking water from RO, the water purifier, but I don't have it at my place.
Don't you have TV, I've to watch some movies, he asked.
Yes, I don't have TV, because Daksh's dad has warned me to reduce my pocket money if I buy it because he has given me this flat only for studys not for fun.

Hey, take this white drawing sheet and start drawing, I said giving him some drawing sheets and color pencils. I've bought some white drawing sheets and color pencils for him only because he visits my place with his mom every Sunday and he loves drawing the most. Its quite interesting to see the arts and creations of
drawing in this small five year kid and I'm a big fan of his drawings.

No drawing today, let me watch some movies in your laptop, he said putting the sheets and pencils aside.
Okay, which one, Batman or Bal Ganesha, I asked him switching on my laptop.
Spiderman, he said.
Here is your Spiderman animated series, I said helping him siting on the chair because the chair was a little bit higher for him.

What are you doing, you are not bathing, he said pushing the bathroom door.
After brush, I'll take it, go and watch the movie, I said.
He started asking about the hand wash, the shaving gel, the soaps, the tooth paste, the face wash etc. one by one.
Lizard Lizard, he started shouting. I started chasing the lizard as the lizard was smart enough and crawled fast towards the roof.
Don't you have lizard spray, he asked.
Nopes, go and sit there, I ordered. He didn't go and started giving me the chewed chewing gums to throw them out as he didn't want to go out alone.
Yes, he is a timid kid, and then he started playing with the water. I knew he was not going out of bathroom till I'd have finished the shower. So I pulled sofa near the bathroom door for him but  that hardly worked there.

Mama, give me your wash basin, he said.
Why, I asked.
Because its small and lovely and mine is bigger one, he answered..............


I'm very happy for the feedbacks that you readers post on my facebook profile.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment