Saturday, May 29, 2010

Small Kids in The Sabzi Market

One green and one bigger pink bag from kitchen and be fast, I'm waiting near parking, dii said loudly and vanished.
I'm also coming, just wait for a while, Daksh said coming towards me.
I'm going nowhere, go and watch Tom & Jerry on the Cartoon Network, I said to Daksh.
I'm also coming with you and give my shoes, Daksh counter attacked.
Dii, can you hear me, look at Daksh, he also wants to come with us, ask him to stay at home, I shouted.
Shut up, here is my shoes, come and help me wearing it, Daksh told holding his  small shoes in his small hands.
You disturbed a lot last time, so forget this time, you are not going, I said.
Mommy, look at him, he is not helping wearing my shoes, Daksh shouted. He always does this when he wants anything from me.
Okay, first promise me, you wont disturb today, and will stay calm there, I said to him.

Yes, Daksh is my dii's kid, who is a five years old, but he talks as if he is in the late eighties. And I love him the most and he knows this thats why he rules over me.
It took five minutes to convince him, but my words hardly matter to him all the time.


Tamater,tamatar, nimbu nimbu, aloo, aloo, the mixed noise started reaching my ears.
Yes, we had reached the Sabzi market.
  Bhindi, bhindi le lo,15 bucks for half kg. and 30 for one kg, isse angreji me kehte hai ladys' finger, one sabzi walah was shouting as if he was there only to shout and teach vocabulary and not to sell his items.
Dii started bargaining  near a sabzi walah and I started tesing Daksh.
Aww, Daksh kicked me and went near his mommy and started mixing Bhindi with beans ans beans with other vegetables. I hardly speak at this place because I just go there to carry heavy bags loaded with vegetables.

Hey hi, I said to a small girl touching her chin.
She gazed at me and shook hand..
Whats your name honey, I asked.
Bebo, not honey, she answered.
Okay, Bebo, I said.  Bebo was around three years old.
Daksh, come here, see she is Bebo, say hi, I asked him.
Hi, Daksh said to Bebo.
Bebo beta, he is your bhaiya, shake hand, an old lady said, who was holding a baby trolly, but the baby was standing and trolly was full of vegetables. I think she was Bebo's granny.
Bebo offered hand shake but Daksh was no more interested, I don't know why he did so. The two kids started mixing up. I had a little conversation with Bebo's granny about the kids. Bebo's mom and dii were busy in bargaining and buying the vegetables.
Lets go to fruit wale, dii said turning back and putting few poly bags full of veg into my bag.
Poly bags have been banned here in Delhi but it hardly matters for the Sabzi market.
Oh, its heavier now, can't you buy vegetables daily, I said.
Daksh say bye to Bebo, I asked him.

Mango, Apple,Litchis, jambun....
Bhaiya, hows Litchis, dii asked.
150 buks for one kg, fruit wale bhaiya replied.
Okay, one kg from all items, dii said.
Hey, what are you doing, I asked Daksh pulling him as he was mixing the fruits with each other.
Leave me, he said and went near his mommy.
I was standing behind dii and exchanging the heavy bags from left to right hand.

Take the rest, Daksh said to the fruit walah, taking one from each items. Now we don't need  more, he continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment