Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Egoist Dad So The Son

Looking cool,  why don't you wear shirts regularly, Ankit said to me unlocking the door of the car.
Buddy, I don't like to wear shirts as it takes more time to button all the five to six buttons at the time of wearing and again it takes the same time while unbuttoning and shirts require press, which consumes high amount of electricity. So, I save time as well as electricity, I said smiling.
Yes, Ankit likes to wear shirts only but I prefer t-shirts as they don't require any time to button, unbutton and press. Ankit is my friend and my good neighbour, who is also a b.tech student of eee of ipu but our colleges are different.

Its quite hot and the AC of your car is still out of order, I said taking the front seat.
Yeah, I know, I asked dad for money, but you know him no, he said that there is no need of AC to drive a car. I've asked him several times but he gives me the same answer, Ankit said.
What type of company is that, I asked Ankit.
Its a small dvd factory which manufactures dvds, speakers ans systems, Ankit said.
Where is it, I flashed the second question.
Near Azadpur, he answered.
Yes, we were going to one day training in that small company  in this scorching sun in a ACless car. It was a small factory, so it took more than twenty minutes to nevigate that.

Ankit went near the gate  of a building and asked a guard about that small factory.
Another guard checked our body with the metal detector at gate while the other went inside for the permission.
You ass, what the hell are you doing with that, stop it here, Ankit said pulling my hand as I was checking out the metal detector that how that works, but I found that the metal detector was not working.
You both can go inside, the guard said.
Bhaiya, its not working, how you use it i said to the guard giving him that metal detector.
Can't you please shut your fuking mouth here, Ankit uttered into my ears.

Ankit touched the feet of the chairman of that factory, so I had to touch the feet, entering the office of the chairman.
Have seats bete, the chairman said pointing his fingers towards the two chairs which were on the other side of the table just opposite to the chairman.
Yes, the chairman was a friend of Ankit's dad. The chairman uncle pressed the bell and called a peon and asked him to bring snacks and Pespsi.
Oh, no uncle only Pepsi will do, no snacks, Ankit said.
So you are his friend, the chairman uncle asked me and started asking about me and my family as if he was interviewing me for a job.
What the hell is this, look at the tv, its so small, how beggar is this chairman uncle, can't he put a color tv on his table, I thought because the tv was very small and black and white but this small tv was showing the outputs of the cctv cameras which were placed in the workers' place.
I was scanning the chairman uncle's office carefully while Ankit was busy in gossiping. There were many capacitors, resistors, inductors, ics, bred boards and many electronics stuffs put on the table in small open boxes. Wow, how many things are here, chairman uncle is very rich and the chairman of our college is beggar, because there we have very few electronics goods and components, I thought. We both enjoyed Pepsi. Uncle again pressed the bell and called the peon.

Go and call our engineer, the chairman uncle said to the peon.
Mr. Sharma, go with these kids and show all the working procedures and answer them whatever they will ask, the chairman uncle said to the engineer.
We saw everything which we had read in our electronics books, it was a great feeling to see the procedures to make the electronic goods. We clicked pictures of many of the electrical and electronic components. The engineer was a gentleman so he explained everything nicely.
Sir, can you tell me about the future in this electrical and electronics engineering, Ankit asked.
 bete, its very important branch, you will get a job, I've a daughter and she is a first year student of ece in mdu, the engineer said.
Ssshhh, Ankit said holding his index finger on his lips as I started laughing after hearing the name of mdu.

We again returned to the chairman uncle's office and took our seats then uncle again ask peon to bring two Pepsi again.
Uncle, do you have any idea about the shops where the second hand AC are available economically, Ankit asked uncle.
Second hand is useless, why don't you buy new AC for your car, the chairman uncle said to Ankit.
New AC, huh, uncle, you better know dad no, Ankit said.
Yeah, I know him from our schooldays, the uncle said.
Beta, what is the future after this b.tech, how much will you earn after b.tech, the chairman uncle asked Ankit.
Around 25000 bucks per month, Ankit said.
Minimum 40000 bucks, I said interrupting their discussion.
I'll start job after MBA and will earn more than 50000 bucks per month.
Thats good, but why don't you think about your dad's business, the chairman uncle asked Ankit.
Uncle, please don't talk about dad's business, I've my interest in engineering as I like to explore and make  new things, Ankit said.
Its okay, first you complete your engineering then look after your business, the chairman uncle said to Ankit.
Uncle, I've some self respect thats why I've chosen b.tech, I know I can't earn more than dad but I'll get some respect there.
I don't wanna join his business and its my final decision, Ankit said.
The discussion was getting hotter but I was comfortable with that chilled Pepsi.
Beta look at me, I know your dad from childhood and he has struggled a lot in his life to stand his own business, and he doesn't want to loose his business, so that we all are saying to show your interests in your business.
Dad's business not mine , Ankit corrected the chairman uncle's words. I was interested earlier but because of dad's response I left that, dad used to scold me for a small reason in front of all the staffs and workers which hurt my self respect............


I request you guys to post your views on it because he needs some suggestions.........

No comments:

Post a Comment