Wednesday, December 7, 2011

30 Sec reading - Have You Opened Your Book Yet?

I open one of my books, read some lines and look at the scary diagrams and graphs. With vibrating legs, roaming heads in the virtual world, eyes fixed on a single line and the ass fighting with the chair, my head rolls back to book and again after reading the same line twice...thrice I agree that I can't sit for long.
Music is the best thing in this world that eases humans' head so I put on the headphone, switching on to the latest hindi songs. Head calms down and breaking all virtual thoughts I can study now. Repeating the same line I finish two paragraphs, avoiding numericals and graphs. Engineering students better know how to finish a 700 pages book in a single day. Finally I'm happy. I did something.
The tabla beats hitting deep into head through earphones attract the nerves more than the black letters of the book. With a smile I enjoy the song. Living alone is something that teaches a person how to enjoy each bit of life.
Well, balcony is the best place. Standing here I can enjoy the songs, can heatup my body under sun bath and can feel the little hilly wind. Looking at goers and comers and trying to read their heads is an awesome job that I love to do. A girl walks down the road. I look at her, scanning her head and body. After seconds eyes roll away from her and start lookong into the sky. I realize how beautiful are the girls. God has made the single thing best on this earth and thats woman. Sun has to fight with the clouds and fogs in the sky to show its power but it fails. Falling on the right side of my body it tries to heat me up but it fails. The reflection of sunlight from my right eye drifts my thoughts away. I look at the mightiest sun and realize that the mightiest can be defeated by the soft and velvety clouds and fogs.
The songs keep on changing, people keep walking down the roads, trees' leaves (wearing thick layers of dust) stay calm, little wind fail to make them fly, sun still tries to beat its enemies but its deteriorating, dusk is creeping up. Suddenly I feel something in my right pocket. I slip my right hand into it and take out my mobile phone. It displays 1 new message. I open the inbox and read "I've finished 3 units. Only 1 unit is left".
'Damn, I wasted two hours standing here on balcony, thinking and analyzing passersby and the natures fight. I'm finished,'I say to myself, running into the study room.

1 comment:

  1. you have a very good way of tracking your train of thoughts. this is something that a good writer should have. please do read a lot of good novels. one of the best recommended is "the sea of poppies" by amitav ghosh. you're surely going to love it. also, it will give you a very good insight to classy literature. something that always helps hone one's writing skills. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete