Sunday, August 10, 2014

Why Sisters are Special!

It all began.
And it all began.
I rose up and watched TV.
She rose up began to broom the house.
I went to kitchen and made tea for her.
'Don't eat before I tie rakhi.' she said.
When she went for bath, I ate as much as I could have because this was a fast day till the right time. Like every year.
She asked me to take shower and to wait till one thirty in after noon as per bloody pundits was the holy time to tie rakhi.
I went out and bought some gifts for her.
She took three hours to design a plate to put rakhi, sweets and another stuffs.
I arrived home.
She didn't open the gift packet.
She was busy with making my favorite food.
The right time arrived and rain began.
I chose to take bath in rain.
It rained and rained.
I took off my clothes and stood on the roof.
Raindrops hit me hard.
I stood still like a tree.
Motionless.
Rain tapped everywhere on me.
She stood under shade and shouted at me.
I would become unwell if I stand under rain for long.
The designed plate sat on the table. Vermilion was placed. Then curd mixed with rice grains was placed next to the vermilion. A ghee dia was put at the center of the plate. Next to it was the transparent bowl which was full of barfi, moti chur ka laddoo, and white rasogullas.
My mouth began to water.
I was becoming restless.
I wanted her to get the rakhi tied and start eating sweets.
Fan was switched off.
Dia was lit.
I was made to sit on sofa still.
She pasted some curd mixed with rice grains on my forehead between my eyebrows.
She applied vermilion above that.
I took one rasogulla and moved it my mouth.
She slapped on my hand and snatched the sweets.

Finally rakhi was tied.
The plated moved all around my face before me.
As if I was an idol of God.
Then the sweets was brought.
I wanted to take a bite.
She pushed whole into my mouth.
Story ends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment