Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Height of Apology!

'Bus came, where are you?' Gyan messaged me. 
'I'm not coming.' I replied with my wet hand, as I was shampooing my hairs and I came out of bathroom expecting Tanya's message.
Yes, I was late today, as I returned late from the park, so I was in bathroom taking shower but it was the time for me to reach bus stop.
'Ohh...fuck...how can I forget it?' I asked myself looking into the bathroom mirror. I had forgotten brushing my teeth, my morning coffee, and now its my beard, I had forgotten shaving my beard. So I started shaving my beard clearing shampoo lather from my face.
Yes, I was totally upset this morning because Tanya was angry with me because of my foolishness and she had stopped replying my message since last night. So I was trying different poses in my bathroom to say sorry to her.

'Hey, hi,' I said to Tanya.
'What hi, I'm not talking to you,' she said.
'What are you doing here, why did you not go to your college?' she continued.
Yes, I was at Rithala metro station and was waiting for her since half an hour checking out the faces of every people near exit of this metro station.
'Hey, that one,' I said to her pointing my index finger towards a nearby standing rikshaw. She was quiet but she sat in that rikshaw.
'Hey, what happened, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry,' I started with these words, as I had practiced this in my bathroom while taking shower. She looked at me and started pushing ear phone into her ear holes and turned the volume maximum. It was expected so I started calling her from my phone so that I could disturb her and keep her away from music. She removed ear phone looking into my eyes but I avoided eye contact, I don't know why.


'Bhaiya, slowly, pull slowly.' I asked rikshaw puller to pull rikshaw slowly, so that I could get more time to express my feeling.
'Oh shittt..he was on Tanya's side, he was not reducing the speed of his rikshaw. 'May be he could have known about my mistakes and wanted me to teach a lesson,' I thought.
'Bhaiya, I'm a heart patient, doctor has asked me to stay away from speed, there is a hole in my heart, can't you reduce your speed,' I started requesting him, but he was still pulling his rikshaw with his maximum power.
'God, please break the chain of this rikshaw.' I prayed to god closing my eyes. 
'What's going on here,' I said to myself opening my eyes.
'Wow, she has forgiven me, I said to myself flashing a shameless smile at self.
Yes, she was smiling, looking at me, but the smile vanished within few seconds, so again I started trying something new to please her. I started speaking so many words, some of them were making sense and some of them were not. I tried a lot of different poses, funny words with funny expressions of my face, but she was still siting quiet on the left side of mine. I started commenting on the passing people because this was the best way to make her smile, as I always do but these hardly worked.


'Hey, stop it, he is from my class,' she said pulling my hand, as I had started passing comments on the shoes of a guy pointing my index finger towards his shoes near her college.
'Go to your college,' she said flashing 20 bucks to the rikshaw puller.
Yes, we had reached her college.
'I said go to your college,' she shouted flashing her wide opened her eyes to me, which was enough to feel the height of her anger, but I'm that kind of guy who never give up any stuff so easily.
'I'm going to second floor in the eee class room,' I said following her.
'People are gazing at me, don't be a stupid, go out,' she shouted showing her wide opened eyes.
'I love your glittering eyes,' I wanted to say but I didn't, I don't know why.
'I won't,' I said looking into her eyes.
'Oh my god, she was looking damn fabulous, her eyes, her kajal, her lips, oh god,' I had started dreaming.
'Going out or love to be slapped?' she said coming closer to me.
'Here it goes,' I said bringing my left cheek close to her.
'You are a complete duffer, look at the people,' she continued.
Yes, the students, the professors and the guards were staring at us, as if I had ragged a junior badly, but who cares because my whole focus was one and only one Tanya.
'You said sorry no, I've forgiven you, now go,' she said looking into my eyes. But still I was following her, as a small kid follows the elder member of his/her family in a crowded place.


'Get out of my college,' she shouted and the feet of the whole crowd stopped and of course they started gazing at us, as if I had committed a blunder there by following Tanya. Her face was turning into red color, dark red, and that was showing that she was becoming more angry and this was not a good sign for me.
'I'm gonna wait near college gate,' I said turning back.
'Bhaiya, what's the time for lunch here?' I asked a guard.
'12:30,' he replied harshly and I started roaming in her college.
'Hey hi, where is the cse class room?' I asked a girl, who was in hurry.
'First year?' she asked.
'Yup, and you?' I flashed back the question.
'2nd year ece,' she said.
'So you are senior to me,' I said.
'Yup, call me ma'am, she said smiling, as if she was in fourth year and had got a placement in the topmost MNC.
'Come with me, let me show you your class room,' she said smiling. I don't know why she was smiling.
'You are still in my college, go out, it will be good for you,' the sms came on phone. Yes, it was a sms from none other than Tanya.




'Hey, adjust you hairs,' Savlani said.
'Fuck my hair style, my brain had stopped working, I'm feeling like I was in coma, and you are asking me to adjust my hairs,' I wanted to say to Savlani, but I didn't.
Yes, I had reached my college because my attendance is very short and I got wet in the rain while going to college, so my wet hairs were looking rough. My attendance is short because I bunk my classes only to meet Tanya.
'Hey, let's have coffee,' Pawan said from behind.
'Okay,' I said and started following my stud friends Verma, Savlani and Pawan.
'Why are they looking at me, may be they know about me and Tanya and what has happened to me this morning,' I asked myself,when guys and girls started looking at me. I attended two lectures and was about to run away from my college because I had to go somewhere else.
'Hey, I'm going home, would you like to come with me because we are going to have two useless lectures,' I said to Gyan. He started thinking deeply, as if I had asked him to allow his girlfriend to date me.
Yes, all the lectures seem useless to me these days, I don't know why, so I love to run away from my college after one or two lectures. I don't run away from my college without any reason, either my teachers throw me out of my class for my stupidity or something else.
'Okay, let's go,' Gyan said after thinking deeply for the last five minutes.


'Hey, see this card, its nice no,' I asked Gyan.
Yes, we had reached metro walk and were checking out sorry cards in the Archies gallery.
'Hey, look at this, give it to her, she will forgive you,' he said showing me a love card.
'You ass, she will kill me if I give her a I love you card,' I said to him. I started reading the sayings and word stuffs in the all sorry cards, and got one which contained no 'love' word.
'Bhaiya, show me some cheapest sorry cards,' one guy said to the Archies' staff.
'Hey, look at this,' I said to that stud guy showing one beautiful card.
'You asshole, why don't you pick one for Tanya, showing cards to others, huh,' Gyan said from behind, so I adjusted that card to its place.
'Hey, look at this,' I said to Gyan showing a card reading the word content loudly.
'Can't you read them slowly?' Gyan asked.
Yes, I had chosen the most stupendous sorry card from that Archies galley.
'She will forgive you now,' Gyan said smiling.


'I'll wait for you by 4:30pm near G3S,' I messaged Tanya. I started calling her after five minutes, as I didn't get her reply.
'I'm in lab, and will go home after finishing my lab by 5:00pm,' she said on phone and disconnected the call.


'I've reached G3S,' I messaged to Tanya at 4:30.
'I'm going home, I'm not coming to G3S,' she replied.
'Whr r u?' I flashed back this short message to her.
'm at metro stn,' she replied.
'metro hs cum, I'm gng,' the message came and I lost my control over my nerves. I didn't reply because I had started running in the middle of the busy road to cross the road to catch an auto.
'Can't you see, you blind,'the voice reached my ears but I continued crossing the road.
'Bhaiya, metro station,' I asked one auto driver.
'40 bucks,' he said and I jumped into his auto without any delay.
'Bhaiya, fast please, drive faster, I've to reach metro station within five minutes,' I said messaging Tanya that I was in auto and reaching metro withing five minutes.
'Get down, and take other auto,' the auto driver shouted at me stopping his auto.
'Bhaiya, please, she is very angry with me, if I won't reach at metro within five minutes, she will leave,' I requested to the auto driver, as if a kid was asking for a small toffee making a sad expression.
'girlfriend hai, sirji, aisa bolo na!.' He said smiling and started increasing the speed of his auto...............






No comments:

Post a Comment