Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One Night In Jail - 'Blog On Demand'

'Hey, hi, wearing shirt today,' Savlani said shaking hand as I entered the class.
'Yeah, looking cool no?' I asked.
'Nope, you are looking a complete duffer,' he said. 'I can't believe that you are wearing such a shirt with flowers' prints, what happened to you?'  he continued.
'These days I'm wearing shirts only because Tanya has told me that guys look smarter in shirts,' I wanted to say it to Savlani but didn't say after hearing his compiment.
'Come here, and sit with me,' He said as I was siting alone on the last bench.
'Can you write about me and what had happened to me in the jail in your blog?' he asked as I was taking seat on his right hand side.
'Of course, I'll,' I said.
'But you have to write the whole story in detail,' he said and the ears of the whole class started concentrating towards us.
'Yeah, thats my good friend,' he said smiling. I don't know why he was very happy to be publicized for his bad deeds as going to jail shows that he would have done any crime. After all he is my friend and all the guys in my group have their own way of living, so I love them all for the same reason.

'The volume of the speakers was touching its apex, we all the guys were singing with our maximum vocal power rhyming with the playing song, the car was standing on the red light, I had closed my eyes and was imaging myself as I was playing guitar with my head banging, then I heard the sound of the knocking of the window reached my eardrum and I opened my eyes suddenly. I turned right and saw a traffic police inspector was standing near the window of my car.
'What happened?' I asked the inspector.
'Reduce the volume first,' the inspector said and I turned the volume to zero.
'Its green now, let's go,' I said to the inspector.
'I can see, its green light, take the car in the left side of the road,' the inspector said and I stopped the car in the left side of the road near footpath.
'Hey, you all come here,' the inspector shouted raising his index finger towards four thullas.
'Open you mouth and breathe in it,' one thulla said me pushing the pipe of the Breathalyzer into my mouth.
'Release air with your maximum capacity into it,' the thulla said pushing that device into my mouth harshly as I was breathing the air in.
Breathalyzer is a device which is used to detect the alcohol content in your blood and it is used especially by the Delhi police for drink and drive case. Ranjan, the other stud was doing the same as I was because we know the technique to make the thullas full but it was inspector, who was standing next to me.
'499, Sir, the meter is showing 499,' the thulla said to the inspector showing the Breathalyzer.
'Thats like a good boy,' the inspector said me patting. I don't know why he was patting for it.
'Where is your license?' he asked me.
'Sir, I've forgotten it at home,' I replied.
'Thats great, where are the other papers of your car?' he continued. I went into car and took out the rest insurance papers and all and flashed them in front of him.
'Its a case of case of drink and drive, so we are going to charge a challan of 2000 bucks and go to home and bring your driving license here,' the inspector continued. I and Ranjan went to his home for his license because I didn't have it.

'Hey, they are going to park your car in the Keshavpuram police station, so reach there,' Rathi said me on phone. I and Ranjan reached the police station at 10:30pm, and flashed the licence to the inspector.
'Its okay, you can take your car's key tomorrow when you'll show me the receipt of the court order,' the inspector continued.
'Sir please take some money and leave my car, if I don't bring my car at home today, my dad will kill me,' I said showing few green notes to the inspector.
'Intelligent, giving me bribe, huh,' the inspector said.
'Hey, come here,' Ranjan asked me pulling my shirt.
'What?' I asked.
'Here is your car's key and the insurance papers,' Ranjan said to me.
'See, we are stealing car, and park the car at your place so that your dad wont know about  the challan stuffs and we'll park the car in the police station next morning, and will bring receipt from court and take the car from police custody,' he continued.
'What the fuck you are talking about, I can't steal the car from the police station and where have you brought the key from,' I asked Ranjan.
'I gave 200 bucks to a thulla and he gave the key, you don't worry, and go home,' he said.
'Nope, I can't,' I said.
'You asshole, this is the way can save yourself from your dad,' he said.
'Give me the key and wait outside at the other corner of the police station,' he said and vanished with the car key.

'Who the hell is driving so fast like a mad,' I sad to Rathi, who was waiting with me at the other corner of the police station.
'Drink and drive,' Rathi said smiling.
Yes, the black car was moving towards us with a speed of more than 100 kmph, and it reached us within few seconds.
'Hey, dogs, come in,' the voice reached my ears. It was Ranjan's voice, who was driving the car madly.
'Its my car, let's go,' I said to the Rathi and we jumped into it and the needle of the speedometer crossed 100 mark within few seconds and the we vanished from the police station. We reached home in half an hour and I parked the car at my tauji's parking, took rest for a while there and started moving towards my place.

I was about to sleep but the door bell started ringing at 00:05am and I rushed to the main door.
'What the hell is going on here?' I asked myself  and came out of my house. I saw all of my neighbors had gathered in front of my house. I saw Ranjan's parents in that mob and entered the mob.
'What the fuck is this, police, what are they doing here?' I asked myself.
'Come beta, Ranjan's parents told me.
'Wow, how are you mr. Gaurav?' the inspector asked me.
'Where is the car?' he continued.
'Seven years in the jail will be a real fun for you guys for stealing a car from the police station,' the inspector continued..................
I heard the voice of my granny, who was shouting like, I always asked him not to drive car, but who listens to me........

1 comment: