Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pakistan - India Cricket Match, A World War?




As an average viewer I was sitting in front of the big LG box that was showing the most wonderful game. Yes, I'm talking about cricket. Before my entry Sehwag (one of my favorites!) had already gone so it seemed less interested for me.
At the same time mouses were running recklessly in my stomach and they were forcing me to ask di for something to have-pre-dinner. But she was watching cricket match, as if the LG box had hypnotized her blocking her ears and fixing her eyes to it. I went into kitchen and looked for something and got some rice, daal, sabzi and achar (everything cold cold because these were made for my lunch but I went to Saket with Tanya so.......)
'India will win,' I said mixing daal with rice.
'How can you say?' Jiju asked me the question avoiding his eye contact with the TV that was flashing ads. I wondered as I saw di was still comfortable with the ads too!.
'I don't know but India will win for sure,' I said having second spoon of the rice daal mixture with the addition of a achar bite with sabzi.
As I went on with my dinner cum lunch, Sachin said bye bye. After finishing my dinner I laid my body on the bed. It really feels awesome to take rest on such a spongy bed as my body was tired enough because we (I & Tanya) kept roaming in Select city walk, Saket and South Ex for the whole day.
'What the hell is he doing?' the voice reached my ears when I was concentrating fixing my eyes on the speedy moving fan thinking about my novel.
'Gambhir has no brain,' Di said.
'No no, it's Yuvraj's falult,' Jiju corrected. The commentry other than TV had started taking place there and it was turning interesting. Gambhir had lost his focus on the ball that was cought by an Aussie fielder and he kept running from non striker end and he escaped from run out, anyhow. I woke up and sat fixing my eyes to that idiot box. The next ball was delivered and Gambhir ran again and this time Aussies didn't leave any room for him and sent him straight to the dressing room (Aussies don't repeat mistakes!).  
'Wow,' I started clapping.
'Are you mad?' Di said to me with the addition of her commentry that contained some abusive words for the Aussies.
'It was a nice run out,' I said and Jiju gave me a very sharp and ugly look, as if I was only responsible for Gambhir's dismissal. JIju is a hardcore cricket fan because he was tensed since morning as he was guessing the result of the match sitting on one of the benches under trees in Japanese park where I was doing my exercises.

Well, India is a country where cricket is no more game. It has become the heart beat of the subcontinent. Right from the 7 to 8 year old kids to the old uncles counting their last breathe lying in their bed are dying for cricket. It's not only covering humans but also economical and political status of our country. Cricket players are no lesser than gods here!. People of our continent play as well as watch this game with the core of their heart. It brings happiness when our country wins and tears when our country loose. Audience of our country (emotional, of course!) enjoy hitting fours and sixes of Indian players only. You will find a pin drop silence when any Indian batsman hits the ball very hard with his technique of batting and a player of the opposition team catches his ball diving few meters from his place. No one claps (except few!) for his excellent catch but the audience (Indian of course) start shouting like mads if that slips off the fielder's hand and crosses boundary line.Crakers are burst and Diwali is celebrated when India wins and attack players at the same time if they loose match.
Cricket has become a bloody game of cash. People earn a lot from Satta bazar. They loose their cash there too. I can still remember the 2nd last world cup in which Bob Woolmer, the Pakistani coach was killed just for fixing etc. Kids in my neighborhood of my place also earn and loose money in small satta etc.

It's a good news for the world cricket as Indian is going to take over Pakistan in Mohali in semifinal match. Many of us started buying crackers to celebrate Diwali on 30th of this March. I wondered when one of my friends has sent me an event request this morning naming " Bharat Bandh" . Tickets are sold in black so no tickets are available for us in 'white' at the counter!. Satta bazar should be on fire as this is going to be the world's most interesting match of this world cup. Right from the jogging in the park in morning to the bed at night cricket gossip is going on.Wherever you go, you will find the cricket gossip.
If you switch on TV and peep to news channels you would be surprised with the cricket news only. I kept changing the news channels yesterday and I didn't find other news than cricket cricket and cricket (India & Pakistan semifinal match). They flash news like "Bharat Pakistan Maha yuddhh", the world war is about to begin etc etc. Aaj tak was showing some pictures of the wars from the Indian history and was adding semifinal match as next world war. You can see the news channels' studios decorated with the pics of the Indian soldiers (from the historical wars!), the old cricket players (all of them are non recognizable except Kapil Paa Jii). Pics of Shahid Afridi and Dhoni were decorated with the military uniform holding big guns on their soldiers. I don't know why we are hyping this game this much.
Look at Mr. Prime minister, Manmohan Singh, who has invited president and prime minister of Pakistan to watch this cricket match. What the hell is going on these days. Is he inviting the Pakistani leaders for some peace talks (that's impossible for this guv!)? Is this semifinal match going to make any bond between these two countries. My answer is NO. If you are a regular reader of the cables of Wikileaks then you can judge this Indian Government so.......

My words for Cricket, anyway :
It's a game..let it be a game...don't make it your religion...don't hype it so much.. enjoy it as a game..!

"India will win this world cup for sure..no one can dare to beat Indian cricket team on the soil of India"
"Go India"
Love you...Sehwag and Yuvi... :)


Note : If you liked this blog then click on the ads on the right side of this page to publicize it.


1 comment:

  1. this blog had become popular blog on the very first day of posting...
    thank you....:)

    ReplyDelete