Saturday, November 20, 2010

When the Cops questioned me...:( .. . . . I hate your face the most...she says ! cont.....

 ‘What the hell is this,’ I said to myself. 
‘How can it be possible?’ I muttered.
‘It’s  7:30am..how can I sit for long..it’s morning…it’s impossible,’ I continued muttering checking out my watch time and again.
Yes, it was quite hard for me to believe, it was morning and I was checking out my watch matching its time with my phone time but it was same, the night was over, it was morning and I worked over the sorry card for whole night. I’ve never sit for long even during my major exams where I’m supposed to sit for three hours and  I use to go out for a break there in exams but I sat that night for more than 7 hours. It was unbelievable for me because I didn’t sit for this long time even when I was targeting IIT entrance when I used to study whole night but it was impossible without any break. But I’d forgotten my coffee so everything except her angry face and the sorry card. I drew everything so the card was looking amazing. After all I’d worked for whole night.

‘Oh my god, I would miss her, she would be reaching at metro station at 8:35am,’ I thought taking some photos of the hard worked card. I threw brush into my mouth with paste and ran towards the toilet seat after putting water heater into water tub and started imaging a lot of stuffs and the ways in which I must say sorry so that her heart would melt and she’ll forgive me. After finishing flush I checked my beard that grew up a little bit larger but I was already late so I ran towards the heating water and found that the mercury of the shower water had crossed a little bit up and it was tough to take shower with this water but who cares, I thought and threw water heater out and finished shower within few minutes forgetting shampooing and conditioning my long hair that girls find sexy hairstyle but it was not the time to think about my sexy long hairstyle.
‘What the fuck is it,’ I said to myself making an expression, as if someone sprayed poison into my mouth. Actually it was not poison but I was spraying the body spray madly and fast so some of them entered into my mouth making me feel like hell at that moment.

‘Bhaiya, what happened?’ I asked the rikshaw puller, who was pulling the riksahw very slowly.
‘Shaibji, chain has got broken down,’ the rikshaw puller said. I flashed 10 bucks to him and ran towards Rithala metro station walking from metro walk…..half running..better say.

‘I’m at your metro station and waiting for you near lift,’ I messaged to Tanya. I don’t know why the pointer of the clock hanging with the roof of metro station was moving faster today. I matched the time of that fast moving metro clock with that of my phone. But the time was same in both the time machines. So I flashed 2 to 3 more messages because it was 8:45am and she was still invisible at the metro station. I was getting more and more restless looking at the people who were coming out of lift every minute. The pointer of the metro clock was killing me, it had started penetrating my heart and mind as it was moving fastest today leaving only one thing in my head and that’s Tanya would have left today because I reached station late by exact 5 minutes. The pointer crossed 8:50 mark and I started roaming near the entrance to that metro station checking out each and every face minutely. I pictured all the guys and girls’ faces but none matched with the face that I was dying for. I started flashing more messages asking where is she and she should answer one of my messages at least but I found no reply from her as I was looking at my phone continuously despite keeping it on vibration mode.
 The pointer crossed 8:55 am and my heart beat started crossing its apex level and my eyes started checking out all the faces that were roaming and standing at metro station. One girl started staring at me as if I was looking for her only. I started praying all gods and goddesses who I know and I don’t focusing the convex lenses of my eyes towards opening lift gate.

After few minutes I started checking out the faces of the girls standing near the first women reserved coach.
‘Thank god, finally you heard my prayers,’ I said taking a deep breath looking at a girl who was standing near the opposite side of the stairs.
‘Hey, you are waiting here, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,’ I started with these words and she started turning back looking at my face.
‘Why sorry, what happened,’ she asked.
‘Nothing, I’m sorry again, I was looking for someone else,’ I said to girl.
Yes, she was not Tanya but she looked like her because the way she was standing she looked exactly like her. She was standing bending her legs a little bit, her tied hair was almost same as Tanya’s and her curvecous figure forced me to say sorry to her thinking as if Tanya was standing there.
 My nervous system and the heart beat were not only the parts of my body that were out of order but few organs had also started going out of order for that moment. And it was the increasing pain in my stomach that was forcing me to sit somewhere and it was paining so hard that I was feeling very uncomfortable to stand for seconds but who cared there, I started concentrating on my job for which I went there and it was very simple, to say sorry to Tanya.

I started cursing myself for misbehaving with her, as the memories and imaginations of life without her had started creeping into my head and the convex lenses of my eyes had started contracting more.  The life after this moment and without Tanya was looking the scariest and I was dying to see her single message, who used to send more than 400 messages a day but it didn’t happen for the last three days.

‘Hello sir, what are doing here?’ The voice reached here and the imaginations of the life without Tanya vanished. Thanks to the voice for smashing that future without her.
The two tall young men wearing uniform with capped heads holding two guns one with each in their hands. Their shoes were harder than mine, as the it was touching their
I  got scared for a while but controlled my nerves and heart beat because the way they were standing was enough to make any one scared. The dog with them was scarier because the way it was breathing was showing his sharp and long teeth and long red tongue. It's eyes were gazing continuously at me and it had started smelling my feet.
They were cops and were asking me why was I roaming at that metro station since last half an hour.

‘I’m waiting for Tanya,’ I answered looking here and there checking out only one face.
‘Hey, look at me and answer honestly,’ One of the two cops said raising his eyebrows and showing his wide opened eyes.
‘You can’t roam at metro station for so long,’ He continued.
‘Who is she?’ One of the cops with bushy mustache asked.
‘She is my friend,’ I said.
‘Did she ask you to wait?’ The other asked.
‘No, she use to reach between 8:35 to 8:45am but it seems she is not coming today,’ I said to them looking towards the lift.
‘Why don’t you call her and ask whether she is coming or not?’ The bushy mustache cop asked.
‘She is not picking my call,’ I said staring towards the opening gate of the lift.
‘Hey, concentrate here, can’t you listen to me?’ The other asked.
‘I’m sorry sir, I can’t concentrate at you,’ I said honestly because it was quite tough to the questions that were wasting my time. They started muttering something in each ears.
‘Where have you come from?’ One asked.
‘Rohini,’ I answered. They had started moving their eyes and muttered again to one’s ears and started looking at me.
‘You have to come with us,’ They said to me after talking something on wireless phone type device.
‘Why?’ I flashed this question, as they were about to waste my time that all I would have saved to look for Tanya.
‘Sir, I can’t, I’m waiting for her,’ I said.
‘No, sir you can’t stand here for so long, you have to come with me,’ the cops asked me and the way dog was looking at me as, if it would bite me if I refuse. So I decided to walk with them. I was walking behind them and they went down to the first floor in the lift. The dog was walking faster and entered a room that was in the other corner of the first floor of that metro station. They opened the door and entered so I had to.

‘What is your name?’ The voice reached and I started remembering my name as I forgot my name for a while after looking at staring people inside the room. The two cops who marched me to the room were standing on the opposite side sticking to the wall and standing like statue. The room was looking like a meeting hall. Many chairs were placed circling a center table. More than half of the chairs were occupied by the asses of the middle aged men. I don't know why did they drag me there for a simple reason of waiting for Tanya just to say her sorry. Everything was out of my control, I was not able to understand what the hell was going there and what the hell was going to be done with me. I was stunned, totally unstable. I wanted to call Tanya at this moment but I looked at my phone once and kept it in my jeans' right pocket.

‘What was he doing?’ One of personnels asked sitting on the chairs circling a big centre table.
‘He has been roaming here and there on metro station since last one hour,’ One of the two cops said.
‘One hour, why the hail are you lying,’ I said looking at the cops who were standing behind me.
‘Sorry sir, half an hour,’ the other cop corrected.
 I was trying to focus on the questions like what is your name and so, but my nervous system was not in position to reconnect my brain to the rest parts of my body so I was totally out of my mind thinking about Tanya only.

‘Why was I roaming for so long, why didn’t you come on time, why are you not replying my messages?’ these are the questions that were ramming my brain.
‘Show me your identity card,’ the man who was sitting just on the left hand side of me asked.
‘Identity card ! I said surprisingly.
‘Yeah, I Card,’ he repeated in short form.
‘Sir…….I started with this word checking out my pocket for wallet.
‘It’s voter id,’ I said showing my voter id card to him.
‘It will do, give it to me,’ he said. He started reading all the written words on my voter id loudly, as if he was a professor dictating all the words and numbers to the his students.
‘Well, you are from south extention, right?’ the man asked.
‘Yes……no…I said confusing myself.
‘What’s this…Yes or No?’ one of them roared.
‘These rich businessmen’s kids are so notorious that has created a lot of troubles for the Delhi Police,’ one of the sitting uncle like man said adjusting his specs.
‘My dad is a police officer,’ I corrected.
‘Wow, you are the son of a Police officer and doing wrong things breaking rules of Delhi metro security.
‘Don’t you know that you can’t stay on metro station for so long,’ He asked.

‘Excuse me,’ the voice of a female reached my ears from behind.
‘Come in, young lady, come,’ the man sitting at the centre said.
‘The voice seems familiar, ‘ I said to myself turning back.
Oh god she was Tanya, it was my Choco girl.
‘Thank god you came,’  I said to her looking at her.
‘Who are you, miss?’ he asked Tanya.
‘Tanya, she is Tanya,’ I said quickly.
‘And I was waiting for her only,’ I continued.
‘Take it now, I’ve brought it for you,’ I said to Tanya taking out a sorry card for her.
‘Will you please shut up, mister, I’m not talking to you,’ the voice reached my ears and my bag felt down.
‘Okay, miss Tanya, do you know him?’ the man asked.
‘Yes sir, she knows me very well,’ I answered.
‘Oh please shut up,’ he shouted…..he barked..better say..........

to be cont.....

No comments:

Post a Comment